Resident Absences 院友外出
Schedule a Resident’s Absence
Ministry Directive #3 is our guide to daytime and overnight resident absences. Our top priority is the health and safety of our long-term care residents and staff.
At Yee Hong our residents live in community. For this reason several requirements will apply to a resident’s absence, including full immunization, absences scheduled in advance, and COVID testing and isolation in the days following the resident’s return to Yee Hong. Please contact the nursing station to request a Short Absence (Day Outing) for your loved one. A clinical leader will help you to make arrangements.
At present, all residents are allowed to go on day and overnight social absences regardless of their vaccination status. For all absences, residents will be:
- Provided with a medical mask when they are leaving the home
- Provided a handout that reminds residents and families to practice public health measures such as masking and hand hygiene when outside of the home
- Actively screened upon their return to the home
General Precautions 注意事項
- Self-screening for COVID-19 typical and atypical symptoms is very important: Family members and visitors should conduct regular self-screening and avoid all contact with your loved one/LTC resident if any signs and symptoms of illness are present.
- Conduct meticulous hand hygiene using alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and water and avoid touching your face
- Residents and visitors should wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible
- Do not share food, beverages or personal items