The Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care takes pride in being a provider of choice for long-term care services. Committed to be a centre of excellence, we provide culturally appropriate, Resident/Client and Family Centred Care in our four long-term care homes with a total of 805 beds.
- Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough Finch: 250 beds
- Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough McNicoll: 155 beds
- Yee Hong Ho Lai Oi Wan Centre – Markham: 200 beds
- Yee Hong Centre – Mississauga: 200 beds
- 24-hour nursing and personal care
- Medical care with 24-hour access to attending physician
- Dietetic assessment, nutrition counselling and monitoring
- Nutritionally balanced and culturally appropriate meals and snacks
- Social work counselling
- Social, recreation, therapeutic programs
- Nursing Restorative Care Program
- Spiritual care
- Occupational therapy
- Music therapy
- Behavioural Support Ontario programs
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Peritoneal dialysis (at Finch site)
- Culturally and linguistically appropriate services, respecting and addressing the cultural, linguistic and spiritual practices and needs of Chinese, South Asian and Japanese Canadians, as well as residents of other ethnic backgrounds
- Tremendous volunteer and community support, enhancing the quality of life of residents, promoting community participation
- Clean, bright, spacious and well maintained physical facility, with furnishings and equipment that offer a homelike environment, with state-of-the-art security and access systems
- Outstanding performance in quality indicators, as shown in Health Quality Ontario public reports, demonstrating excellence in resident care
In June 2022, all four Yee Hong Centres and our Community & Professional Services Division received Accreditation with Exemplary Standing for 2022- 2026 — the highest honour and recognition awarded by Accreditation Canada for an organization’s commitment to Quality and Excellence.
This is the eighth consecutive time that Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care received full accreditation since it began operations in 1994.
All personal and nursing care provided by long-term care homes in Ontario are funded by the government.
Residents are responsible for accommodation charges such as room and board. These charges are standardized in all long-term care homes in Ontario and are reviewed and updated by the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care every year.
How to Apply
Placement to Yee Hong’s long-term care centres is coordinated by the Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs). There are 14 Local Health Integration Networks in Ontario. To apply, please contact the LHIN in your area.
Accountability is one of the core values of Yee Hong. To ensure our long term care home meets required standards, each Yee Hong location must sign Long Term Care Home Service Accountability Agreements (LSAA) with our respective Local Health Integration Networks.
Long Term Care Home Service Accountability Agreements (LSAA)
Current LSAA Amending Agreements are for the service period of April 1, 2019 – March 31, 2023.
LSAA Extension for Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough Finch
LSAA Extension for Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough McNicoll
LSAA Extension for Yee Hong Ho Lai Oi Wan Centre – Markham
LSAA Extension for Yee Hong Centre – Mississauga
LSAA 2020 Amending Agreement for Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough Finch
LSAA 2020 Amending Agreement for Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough McNicoll
LSAA 2020 Amending Agreement for Yee Hong Ho Lai Oi Wan Centre – Markham
LSAA 2020 Amending Agreement for Yee Hong Centre – Mississauga
LSAA 2023 Declaration of Compliance for Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough Finch
LSAA 2023 Declaration of Compliance for Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough McNicoll
LSAA 2023 Declaration of Compliance for Yee Hong Ho Lai Oi Wan Centre – Markham
LSAA 2023 Declaration of Compliance for Yee Hong Centre – Mississauga
Emergency Planning and Preparedness
A disaster is an event which affects the normal operation of a facility. Fire, explosion, chemical spills, loss of heat, water, light and power, bomb threats and severe weather are all events which may be classified as a disaster. Yee Hong’s disaster management plans outline how our homes are prepared to effectively handle all emergencies.
Yee Hong Centre Disaster Management Plans
Disaster Manual for Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough Finch
Disaster Manual for Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough McNicoll
Disaster Manual for Yee Hong Ho Lai Oi Wan Centre – Markham
Disaster Manual for Yee Hong Centre – Mississauga
Continuous Quality Improvement
The Quality Improvement Plans identify the main areas where our long-term care homes will make changes to comply with Ontario’s new long-term care legislation. The reports describe what each home wants to achieve, and our progress toward these targets. Yee Hong families know we are committed to the highest quality services and care.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Quality Improvement Plan Narratives and Workplans
2023/24 Quality Improvement Plan Narrative for Yee Hong Centre – Mississauga
2023/24 Quality Improvement Plan Narrative for Yee Hong Centre – Mississauga (Amended)
2023/24 QIP Workplan for Yee Hong Centre – Mississauga
Yee Hong Centre Scarborough Finch
Yee Hong Centre Scarborough McNicoll
Yee Hong Centre Markham
Yee Hong Centre Mississauga
Ministry’s Long-Term Care Family Support and Action Line
Tel: 1-888-321-0339 or 416-597-0339