Virtual Tour Sample Menus Rates How to Apply The Yee Hong Centre takes pride in being a provider of choice for long-term care services. Committed to be a centre of excellence, we provide culturally appropriate, Resident/Client and Family Centred Care in our four long-term care homes with a total of 805 beds.
- 24-hour nursing and personal care
- Medical care with 24-hour access to attending physician
- Dietetic assessment, nutrition counselling and monitoring
- Nutritionally balanced and culturally appropriate meals and snacks
- Social work counselling
- Social, recreation, therapeutic programs
- Nursing Restorative Care Program
- Spiritual care
- Occupational therapy
- Music therapy
- Behavioural Support Ontario programs
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Peritoneal dialysis (at Finch site)
- Culturally and linguistically appropriate services, respecting and addressing the cultural, linguistic and spiritual practices and needs of Chinese, South Asian and Japanese Canadians, as well as residents of other ethnic backgrounds
- Tremendous volunteer and community support, enhancing the quality of life of residents, promoting community participation
- Clean, bright, spacious and well maintained physical facility, with furnishings and equipment that offer a homelike environment, with state-of-the-art security and access systems
- Outstanding performance in quality indicators, as shown in Health Quality Ontario public reports, demonstrating excellence in resident care
In October 2016, all four Yee Hong Centres received Accreditation with Exemplary Standing for 2016 – 2020 — the highest honour and recognition awarded by Accreditation Canada for an organization’s commitment to Quality and Excellence. This is the seventh consecutive time that the Yee Hong Centre received full accreditation since it began operations in 1994.
How to Apply
Placement to Yee Hong’s long-term care centres is coordinated by the Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs). There are 14 Local Health Integration Networks in Ontario. To apply, please contact the LHIN in your area.
(these rates are standardized in all long-term care homes in Ontario and are reviewed and updated by the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care every year)
Accountability is one of the core values of Yee Hong. To ensure our long term care home meets required standards, each Yee Hong location must sign Long Term Care Home Service Accountability Agreements (LSAA) and Declarations of Compliance (DC) with our respective Local Health Integration Networks.
Long Term Care Home Service Accountability Agreements
Current agreements are for the service period of April 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020.
LSAA with Central East LHIN for Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough Finch
LSAA with Central East LHIN for Yee Hong Centre – Scarborough McNicoll
LSAA with Central LHIN for Yee Hong Ho Lai Oi Wan Centre – Markham
LSAA with Mississauga Halton LHIN for Yee Hong Centre – Mississauga
Declarations of Compliance
Current declarations are for the service period of January 1 – December 31, 2019.