The New Yee Hong Ng Siu Chan Centre Finds its Footing!
Yee Hong’s newest residence is taking shape! After site preparation and excavation work at our Scarborough Finch Campus, Graham Construction has started foundation work for the Yee Hong Ng Siu Chan Centre, the fifth addition to our family of long-term care homes.
Construction has been steady since our last update. Following Yee Hong’s groundbreaking ceremony in November 2023, crews spent the holidays levelling the site by removing over 300 truckloads of dirt. Now, work has started on the home’s footings and preparations are being made for the crane installation in February.
Several construction activities are taking place that will impact the hospice parking and entrance toward the end of the month. More information on all these developments will be shared directly with staff.
- Starting January 30, we will direct hospice clients, visitors, and staff to new parking spots. Parking signs will be up and further communications will be sent to clients, visitors, and staff. Reserved spaces will remain for visiting family members.
- Drilling will begin on January 30, followed by additional foundational work on February 7. These activities will create some noise for the brief time they are being performed. The entrance to the hospice will change to the main entrance of our existing Finch LTC home, beginning February 6. Until then, hospice staff and visitors can continue using the current entrance.
Work on Yee Hong’s new home will continue through 2026. Rest assured, Yee Hong and Graham Construction remain committed to reducing the impact of its development on existing residents, visitors, and the surrounding community. We will also continue to ensure the site remains safe and clean for residents and visitors at the Scarborough Finch Campus. The comfort and safety of our people is – and will always be – a priority throughout this exciting initiative.
Thank you for joining us on this exciting journey. Stay tuned for further updates as work on the Yee Hong Ng Siu Chan Centre gets off the ground. In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like more information please contact email@example.com
About the Yee Hong Ng Siu Chan Centre
Yee Hong’s fifth long-term care home is being developed on our Scarborough Finch Campus, between Yee Hong Garden Terrace and the existing Finch Long Term Care home.
Slated for a 2026 opening, the five-story building will feature:
- Residential rooms for 224 people (50% private rooms, 40% basic accommodation, and 10% semi-private rooms).
- Community programming space
- Underground parking
- A design informed by the lessons and best practices learned over the pandemic.
Yee Hong Ng Siu Chan Centre is named in honour of Mr. Ng, founder of the Wu Si Chong Charity Foundation, which generously donated $5 million to the home’s development and has collaborated with the Yee Hong Community Wellness Foundation to bring this vision to life.