Commitment to Privacy
Why do we collect your personal health information?
Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care collects your personal health information (e.g. name, date of birth,
address, health card number, health history) either directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf so that we can provide you with quality health care.
We may also collect your personal health information from other sources, such as one of your previous health care providers, if this information is needed by us to provide you with necessary treatment and care. The personal health information is kept only as long as it is needed.
How is your personal health information used and disclosed?
The personal health information collected is only shared with those who need to be properly informed for your care:
- To provide resident, client and family centred care
- To support provision of continuing care following discharge or transfer to another care facility
- To conduct safety and quality improvement activities, including satisfaction surveys
- To meet legal requirements as permitted by law
- For fundraising activities organized by Yee Hong Community Wellness Foundation to improve our facilities, equipment and programs
- To obtain payment where necessary
What are your rights and choices?
You or the person acting on your behalf can:
- Ask for access to your personal health information in your file by sending a written request to the Division/Department Head
- Exercise your right to withdraw your consent by contacting us in writing
- Ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete personal health information
- Ask us not to give out your personal health information to other health care provider, unless it is required by law
- Be told if your personal health information is stolen, lost or improperly accessed
Questions or concerns?
Please contact our Corporate Privacy Officer at:
Yee Hong Centre For Geriatric Care
416 412 4571
2311 McNicoll Avenue
ConnectingOntario Clinical Viewer
Yee Hong uses the ConnectingOntario Clinical Viewer, a provincial shared electronic health record system. ConnectingOntario enables doctors and clinicians to share your medical information in a safe, secure digital format that will improve the care you receive. This means that authorized members of your health care team have immediate access to your important personal health information. Access to your health records is limited to only those clinicians who need to care for you.
If you have enquiries about the ConnectingOntario system, or if you do not want us to receive or share your health information with ConnectingOntario, please contact eHealth Ontario anytime at 1-866-250-1554 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have a right to make a complaint about eHealth Ontario’s information practices by contacting Ontario’s Information and Privacy Commissioner at:
Tel: (416) 326-3333 or (905) 326-3333
Toll free: 1 (800) 387-0073 (within Ontario)
TDD/TTY: (416) 325-7539