Commitment to Privacy
Why do we collect your personal health information?
Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care collects your personal health information (e.g. name, date of birth,
address, health card number, health history) either directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf so that we can provide you with quality health care.
We may also collect your personal health information from other sources, such as one of your previous health care providers, if this information is needed by us to provide you with necessary treatment and care. The personal health information is kept only as long as it is needed.
How is your personal health information used and disclosed?
The personal health information collected is only shared with those who need to be properly informed for your care:
- To provide resident, client and family centred care
- To support provision of continuing care following discharge or transfer to another care facility
- To conduct safety and quality improvement activities, including satisfaction surveys
- To meet legal requirements as permitted by law
- For fundraising activities organized by Yee Hong Community Wellness Foundation to improve our facilities, equipment and programs
- To obtain payment where necessary
What are your rights and choices?
You or the person acting on your behalf can:
- Ask for access to your personal health information in your file by sending a written request to the Division/Department Head
- Exercise your right to withdraw your consent by contacting us in writing
- Ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete personal health information
- Ask us not to give out your personal health information to other health care provider, unless it is required by law
- Be told if your personal health information is stolen, lost or improperly accessed
Questions or concerns?
Please contact our Corporate Privacy Officer at:
Yee Hong Centre For Geriatric Care
416 321 6333 ext. 1103
2311 McNicoll Avenue