Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
Based on the esteemed Stanford University model, this program is designed to help people with chronic diseases improve their quality of life. It empowers clients with self-management skills in medication and emotional management and spreads public awareness of the importance of self-management in coping with chronic health conditions in the Chinese community.
As a licensed agency, Yee Hong provides this program as well as the leaders’ training program. Our qualified T-trainer trains Master Trainers and our five Master Trainers in turn provide training for Program Leaders. In 2007 and 2008, Yee Hong’s Living Well with Chronic Diseases – Chronic Disease Self-Management in Chinese Community program was elected twice to enter the Celebrating Innovations in Health Care Expo.
- Small group setting, highly structured and interactive
- Disease-specific for clients with Parkinson’s disease, diabetes and chronic pain
- Multidisciplinary approach, with support from registered pharmacists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and social workers
- Ongoing support groups for participants of disease-specific programs and their caregivers
- General program
- Disease-specific programs:
- Living well with chronic pain
- Living well with diabetes
- Living well with Parkinson’s disease
- Leaders’ training program
Fees vary depending on the number of sessions and type of program.
- Yee Hong Caregiver Education and Resource Centre
360 Highway 7 E., Unit 17, Richmond Hill
Tel: (416) 412-4571 ext. 2360