The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last updated: Jan 25, 2021, 1:55pm
Current as of:
Programs and services listed below are running as normal:
- Long term care for residents of Yee Hong Centre
- Other Yee Hong facilities
- Yee Hong Garden Terrace
- Chinese Evergreen Manor
- Community Services
- Active Seniors Program (online, limited)
- Community Services Online
- Day Programs (online, limited)
- Home Support Services
- North Toronto COVID-19 Community Response Team
- Paid home care services
- Training and Learning Centre – PSW program (online)
- Volunteer Services (online or phone)
- Yee Hong Hot Meal Services
Current as of:
Programs and services listed below are cancelled/suspended until further notice:
- In-person visits
- Volunteer Services (in-person)
- Day programs (in-person)
- Congregate dining
- Transportation services
- Caregiver Education & Resource Centre
- Community Health Education Centre
- Active senior programs (in-person)
Jan 21, 2021 – Positive tests during Mississauga Centre employee surveillance screen for COVID-19
Best-practice infection control measures are already in place to contain the virus, including enhanced hygiene and separate staffing teams to prevent contamination across floors and between worker cohorts. We conduct frequent audits to verify staff members follow the strictest infection prevention steps. Staff and the families of affected residents will be kept abreast of developments as new information becomes available.
Dec 31, 2020 – Christmas Gifts
Dec 30, 2020 – Positive test during Markham Centre employee surveillance screen for COVID-19
In addition to the existing best-practice infection control measures (enhanced hygiene, cohorting of staff to prevent contamination across floors and between teams) already in place to contain the virus, staff on the affected floor will wear additional PPE. Frequent audits occur to verify staff members follow the strictest infection prevention steps. Staff and the families of affected residents will be kept abreast of developments as new information becomes available.
Dec 25, 2020 – One employee of the Scarborough-McNicoll Centre has tested positive for COVID-19
Dec 16, 2020 – Positive test for COVID-19 recorded for a Finch Centre resident
All staff at the Finch Centre have tested negative for the virus and there is no evidence of illness among residents on the affected floor. A next round of COVID testing is already under way for staff and residents to confirm the virus is not present in the Finch Centre.
The resident was already on isolation due to the medical outing, and was transferred to hospital for ongoing medical treatment unrelated to their COVID status. We wish our resident a quick recovery and a prompt return to their home at the Finch Centre. More information will be reported to the staff and families affected as it becomes available.
Dec 16, 2020 – Yee Hong Mississauga Centre Statement
Dec 7, 2020 – One employee of the Mississauga Centre has tested positive for COVID-19
The risk of spread to others at the Centre appears low. The employee last worked with Yee Hong residents on November 26, and had no symptoms of illness at that time. Weekly COVID testing on December 1 confirmed no other Mississauga Centre employees are positive for the virus, and residents show no symptoms of respiratory illness on the floor where the employee last worked. Employee testing resumes tomorrow, December 8, for everyone who works in the building.
Staff and the families of affected residents will be kept abreast of developments as new information becomes available.
Connecting Family with Residents
Video chat instructions
Care Package Drop-off
- Drop-off service is available Mon-Fri 10:00am-2:00pm
- DO include: clothing, reading, gifts, photos and mementos
- DO NOT include: food, drinks or valuables
- Items will be cleaned and disinfected by Yee Hong staff before delivery. Yee Hong is NOT responsible for any damage that occurs due to cleaning and disinfecting.
- Place items in clear packaging so contents can be easily identified
- Add label with following information:
- Resident’s name
- Resident’s room number
- List of contents
- Your contact information
- Drop-off date
- Enter front door and drop off your package with staff at the screening desk
COVID-19 continues to spread in Ontario, and visitors are subject to our strict health and safety protocols. All visitors must wear a mask. To visit indoors in our family lounge you will be required to bring evidence of a negative result from a recent COVID-19 test.
- For contact tracing purposes, all absences are scheduled by completing the online request form.
- All residents will be screened before departure and upon return from their absence.
- We will seek consent to test the resident upon return from their absence.
- We will follow our current protocol and isolate the resident upon return from their absence, regardless of the duration of the absence, for 14 days.
- We will follow our current protocols which is aligned with the Public Health COVID-19 Testing Guidance and if any resident exhibits any typical or atypical symptoms they must be isolated and tested for COVID-19 in accordance with Directive #3.
- Download and read Yee Hong’s visitor and absence protocols
- Complete the Resident Absence Request Form online for an outing with a resident
Please note that no visitation will be allowed when an outbreak is declared in a home. A home on outbreak will follow outbreak protocol and visits and outings are closely monitored and allowed only when deemed as essential visitors.