Current COVID-19 cases at Yee Hong
Staff and family members receive detailed information by email when case counts change at their LTC Centre.
Yee Hong responds to COVID-19
Last updated: Jun 2, 2021, 12:30pm
Call the Yee Hong COVID-19 Vaccine Support Hotline 416-412-4570 to get more information on COVID vaccinations. We are open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, if you need help to schedule a vaccine appointment in Toronto, Peel or York Regions.
Current as of:
Programs and services listed below are running as normal:
- Long term care for residents of Yee Hong Centre
- Other Yee Hong facilities
- Yee Hong P. K. Kwok Hospice
- Yee Hong Garden Terrace
- Chinese Evergreen Manor
- Community Services
- COVID-19 Vaccine Support Hotline
- Active Seniors Program (online, limited)
- Care-Learning online information and resources
- Community Services Online
- Day and congregate dining programs (limited in-person attendance or online)
- Home Support Services
- North Toronto COVID-19 Community Response Team
- Paid home care services
- Training and Learning Centre – PSW program (online)
- Volunteer Services (online or phone)
- Yee Hong Meals on Wheels Services
Current as of:
Programs and services listed below are cancelled/suspended until further notice:
- In-person family visiting
- Volunteer Services (in-person services suspended at LTC centres)
- Transportation services
- Caregiver Education & Resource Centre
- Active senior programs (in-person)
May 31, 2021 – Outdoor visiting has resumed at Yee Hong Centres
- Book an appointment on the website
- When it’s time for your scheduled visit, go to the screening station. The screener will confirm you don’t have any COVID-19 symptoms, exposure, or any travel history in the last 14 days.
- Bring your own mask or face covering to wear during your visit. Given the current variants of concern, we recommend a good quality mask.
- Keep a safe distance. Residents and their loved ones won’t share food or exchange packages during an outdoor visit.
- Follow best infection prevention and control practices such as proper hand hygiene.
The first outdoor visits occurred today at the Scarborough-Finch Centre. If you’ve been waiting to sit with a loved one at Yee Hong, book your visit online. Please come back to our Centres and reconnect.
May 21, 2021 – Essential caregivers in LTC are eligible for second doses of vaccine sooner
If you are a designated essential caregiver for a Yee Hong resident, and unable to schedule a vaccination appointment (1st or 2nd dose), please contact your long-term care home to learn more about scheduling those appointments.
May 11, 2021 – Flowers to LTC Residents for Mother's Day
May 5, 2021 – Two Mississauga Centre employees test positive for COVID-19
Another employee who does not have contact with our residents also notified us of a positive COVID test administered outside Yee Hong, for a total of two positive tests among Mississauga Centre staff. After consulting with Peel Public Health, both employees are quarantined at home and no additional precautions are required.
Connecting Family with Residents
Video chat instructions
Care Package Drop-off
- Drop-off service is available Mon-Fri 10:00am-2:00pm
- DO include: clothing, reading, gifts, photos and mementos
- DO NOT include: food, drinks or valuables
- Items will be cleaned and disinfected by Yee Hong staff before delivery. Yee Hong is NOT responsible for any damage that occurs due to cleaning and disinfecting.
- Place items in clear packaging so contents can be easily identified
- Add label with following information:
- Resident’s name
- Resident’s room number
- List of contents
- Your contact information
- Drop-off date
- Enter front door and drop off your package with staff at the screening desk
- For contact tracing purposes, all absences are scheduled by completing the online request form.
- All residents will be screened before departure and upon return from their absence.
- We will seek consent to test the resident upon return from their absence.
- We will follow our current protocol and isolate the resident upon return from their absence, regardless of the duration of the absence, for 14 days.
- We will follow our current protocols which is aligned with the Public Health COVID-19 Testing Guidance and if any resident exhibits any typical or atypical symptoms they must be isolated and tested for COVID-19 in accordance with Directive #3.
- Download and read Yee Hong’s visitor and absence protocols
- Complete the Resident Absence Request Form online for an outing with a resident
Please note that no visitation will be allowed when an outbreak is declared in a home. A home on outbreak will follow outbreak protocol and visits and outings are closely monitored and allowed only when deemed as essential visitors.