The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The global pandemic has given rise to new directives from Public Health and the Ministry of Long-Term Care. As the situation continues to evolve, Yee Hong is taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our residents, staff and visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Status of programs/services as of:
A recorded hotline is available at 416-940-4815 with the latest information about building access, service changes and the status of our pandemic response at Yee Hong.
Normal Service Level
- Home Support Services (clients and families should make provisions in case situation changes)
- Volunteer Services (via phone and email)
- Yee Hong Training and Learning Centre – PSW program (via online platform)
Cancelled or Suspended Services
- Active screening in place to all staff members before entering their workplace
- Long-Term Care Homes: Entry restricted for all visitors
- Volunteer Services (in-person): Suspended
- Day programs at all homes and community: Cancelled (until further notice)
- Congregate dining at all homes and community: Cancelled (until further notice)
- Transportation services: Suspended until further notice
- Yee Hong Caregiver Education & Resource Centre: Closed until further notice
- Yee Hong Community Health Education Centre: Closed until further notice
- Private home care services: Suspended until further notice
- All active senior programs, including Macrobian Club classes: Suspended until further notice
Connecting Family with Residents – Yee Hong Centre Video Chat
In order to support our residents and their loved ones during this time, we are providing video chat services to help our long-term care residents connect with their family members. If you would like to talk to your loved ones through video chat, please complete the online registration form below and we will get back to you with further information as soon as possible.
NOTE: We are receiving a high number of requests for video chats, therefore the response time may be delayed. We will answer requests on a first come, first served basis, as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience, and apologize for the inconvenience.
Video chat instructions
Apr 1, 2020 – Video chat service extremely popular
Mar 31, 2020 – Positive test for COVID-19 at Yee Hong Markham Centre (News Release)
Mar 27, 2020 – COVID-19 FAQ Translations
Mar 26, 2020 – COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Mar 25, 2020 – Day Program and Congregate Dining Status Updates
Find out more about the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19), how to protect yourself, what to do if you’re sick after you travel and how to recognize possible symptoms.