Yee Hong Training and Learning Centre
The Yee Hong Training and Learning Centre strives to empower seniors, family caregivers, professional care providers, and students with knowledge, skills, and wellness support through educational activities, programs, and workshops.
Yee Hong Training and Learning Centre is registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, and it offers a Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate program.
Yee Hong Training and Learning Centre has also partnered with the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work from the University of Toronto and the Centre for Learning and Change in Canada and Hong Kong in providing educational activities such as: Social Effectiveness Training for managers and staff, Play Intervention for Dementia, study tours, social work and social service work student placements, and Cultural Sensitivity and Inclusion training.
Personal Support Worker Certificate Program
Personal Support Workers (PSWs) are in high demand across Canada. Certified PSWs have a wide range of employment flexibility: casual, part-time and full-time positions are abundant across healthcare and home services sectors.
PSW graduates find employment in various organizations and private settings, including long-term care homes, residential and supportive housing, private households, community programs, palliative care facilities, acute medical settings and many more. A PSW career can also serve as a stepping stone towards future healthcare training and practice, including Practical Nursing programs.
Want to learn more about our PSW certificate program?
Attend our Zoom information sessions for more details!
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023 from 3-4pm (Cantonese) – Register Here
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023 from 4-5pm (Mandarin) – Register Here
- Thursday, June 22, 2023 from 4-5pm (English) – Register Here
About the Program
The Yee Hong Training and Learning Centre offers a Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate program. The PSW certificate program is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
With a team of experienced instructors and 2 practicum placements in long-term care and community services facilities, our graduates will be well-trained and job-ready to start a rewarding career in healthcare, and truly make a difference in clients’ quality of life.
In this program, you will develop knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Supporting medical professionals with patient care
- Interacting with clients and families with specific needs
- Assisting in personal care and hygiene assistance
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals
- Managing and performing housekeeping tasks
- Helping with palliative and restorative activities
- and so much more!
- 9-month part-time program or 6-month full-time program
- 348 hours of in-class modules and 280 hours of full-time field placements
- Hybrid or full in-person class delivery
- In-person classes are held at Yee Hong Centre—Scarborough McNicoll (2311 McNicoll Ave., Scarborough, ON M1V 5L3)
- Virtual classes are delivered via Zoom and Google Classroom
Interested applicants can complete the application form, or contact us for more information:
- Tel: 416-940-4814
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or a mature applicant (19 years or older)
- Demonstrated ability in reading, writing and understanding English (mature applicants are required to pass a literacy test)
- Vulnerable sector screening clearance and negative 2-step TB screening are required before attending practicum
“The Yee Hong Personal Support Worker Certificate Program gave me the required knowledge and skills for the PSW job and helped me well prepared. The instructors were experienced and the standards of teaching exceeded my expectation.
The arrangement of placements is another bonus, allowing me to practice and gain confidence in the field. The program also helps me to take care of the elderly persons in my own family Whether you are starting your career or you are considering a change in career, I would not hesitate even for a second to recommend this training program. Please action because the PSW field will have a bright and promising future and this is now the good timing to join.”
-L. Choi, PSW
Yee Hong Training and Learning Centre Sexual Violence Policy