Awards and Accreditation
In November 2020, Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care was recognized among Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital. This national program annually selects best-in-class Canadian organizations for their corporate culture. Yee Hong Centre is one of ten winners recognized nationwide in the Broader Public Sector category.
In October 2016, all four Yee Hong Centres and Social Services received Accreditation with Exemplary Standing for 2016-2020. This is the highest honour awarded by Accreditation Canada for an organization’s commitment to Quality and Excellence. This is the seventh consecutive time that the Yee Hong Centre has received full accreditation since it began operation in 1994.
Recognition through Awards
- Waterstone Human Capital – Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2020)
- Accreditation Canada – Exemplary Standing (2016, 2012)
- Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation (2006, 2003, 1999, 1996)
- SSHRC Community and College Social Innovation Fund with Sheridan College (2015)
- University of Toronto’s Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work: Excellence in Field Education (2014)
- Health Quality Ontario: Minister’s Medal (2013)
- Mississauga-Halton Community Care Access Centre: “Heroes in the Home” Caregiver (2010)
- Ontario Volunteer Services Awards (2016-2008)